Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Sunshine Wishes Card

Hello!

We got quite the winter storm yesterday! It was also Martin Luther King Day which meant no school, which also meant, no driving in the snow. Thank goodness!

Superman and I did venture out to his dad's house to shovel for him and to the hardware store to get some paint for a DIY project we're working on. So glad he was driving!

Making cards on a stormy day is one of my favorite things. I even made a video which you'll find below. (Disclaimer: I'm a VERY amateur videographer. I will get better with time, but in the meantime please excuse the poor lighting and the fact that my project wasn't directly in the camera's view ha ha ha).

It's easy to get caught up with all the new stuff that is constantly coming out but this time I decided to pull out "older" products from the Annual Catalog. I used the Sunshine Wishes thinlits dies (#141489) to create a repeating sentiment card.


The color combo I used was kind of similar to my last card. Night of Navy, Coastal Cabana, Pool Party, Soft Seafoam, Petal Pink, Grapefruit Grove. I am LOVING these colors together! On my Night of Navy congrats, I first painted on a coat of Wink of Stella (#141897) then topped that with a layer of Fine Tip Glue (#139389). I colored my Whisper White Baker's Twine (#124262) using my Grapefruit Grove ink (#147142) and a Sponge Dauber (#133773). I kept it imperfect so it would look a little tie dyed. This is a really great technique to customize any of your white twines or ribbons.

I used the Lace Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (#148530) to add some fun texture to the card base. This is a new product but I thought it paired so well with the die cut words. I wasn't a fan of that TIEF at first but now I can't stop using it!

Here's a close-up that shows the sparkle, shine and sequin-y goodness! You can also see the twine has a little bit of an ombre feel. So pretty!


Here's the card in action:


I hope you stayed warm today...or cool if you live south of the equator. I had a few die cut words left over from this card so stop by on Friday to see what I did with them!

Thank you for stopping by. Make today a great and inky day!

Rebecca :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CASE-ing with Beautiful Bouquet

Hello! I recently got an email from another stamp company. I love to get emails from all kinds of craft companies because I get so much in...