Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Butterflies and Shaker Cards

Hello!

This post is going up a little later than normal today but at least it's still Tuesday! :D

For this card I combined 3 different stamp sets. I used Wood Words (#143928) for the floral images on the card base, Butterfly Gala (#148580) for the butterfly images, and Flowering Desert (#148700) for the sentiment.




To make the shaker window I die cut a frame using the Stitched Rectangles Framelits (#148551) and glued a piece of Window Sheet (#142314) to the back. Then I popped it up using the Foam Adhesive Strips (#141825). For the shaker pieces I used the Irridescent Sequin Assortment (#144212) and black heat embossed (#146956) one of the wood butterflies you can get for free during Sale A Bration with a qualifying order. I love the unexpected element that little black butterfly brings.



Here's a little close-up (disclaimer - I'm not good at photographing window sheets LOL):


This was a fun card for me to make and not one I normally attempt. I think I've made 3 shaker cards in my life ha ha ha!

I hope I've inspired you to try something out of your comfort zone. You might be surprised how well it turns out!

Thanks for visiting today! 

To shop for any of these products visit rebeccascreativelife.stampinup.net.

Rebecca :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

CASE-ing with Beautiful Bouquet

Hello! I recently got an email from another stamp company. I love to get emails from all kinds of craft companies because I get so much in...