Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Faux Watercolor with Stampin' Blends

Hello!

Do you love techniques? I do! It gives me endless opportunities to use my supplies in different ways.

Today, I have a faux watercolor technique and not a drop of water was in sight!


The first thing I did was bring out my Blends. The colors I used were Light Flirty Flamingo (#147031), Light Real Red (#147933), Dark Mango Melody (#147944), Dark Call Me Clover (#147024), Light Night of Navy (#144036), and Dark Pool Party (#144594). I just swiped them on a piece of Thick Whisper White card stock (#140272) overlapping the colors to make them blend a little. I knew they wouldn't blend completely because they were such contrasting colors.

Then I cut that colored piece into strips and adhered them onto another piece of Thick Whisper White card stock making them look like a rainbow of shiplap!

And in case you think I have moved away from white heat embossing..... ;D, I heat embossed (#109132) the sentiment onto the navy strip.

I stamped a butterfly from the Butterfly Gala stamp set just in Black and punched it out with the coordinating punch (#150599). I love the look this simple image gives to the overall card.

Also, again, I used the Subtle embossing folder (#143706) for one of the layers then I scattered some Basic Sequins (#146933).


Lots of color and layers for this fun card! If there's a technique you'd love for me to try and post on the blog, let me know in the comments!

Thanks for visiting and make sure you stamp something today!

Rebecca :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

CASE-ing with Beautiful Bouquet

Hello! I recently got an email from another stamp company. I love to get emails from all kinds of craft companies because I get so much in...