Thursday, March 28, 2019

Simple Card Class Using What You Have

Hello!

It's been a minute since I've checked in. Did you miss me? :D I've decided that, at least for awhile, I'm going to post only once a week. Thursday will be the day! You can follow me on Instagram @rebeccascreativelife for additional project photos.

I was asked to organize a birthday card class for the ladies in our Relief Society. Relief Society is an organization for women 18+ in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I really love doing card classes. We made a very simple card but everyone who participated seemed to really like the experience. There was even one lady who made several. She had that much fun! That's one of the best things about being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. I love to see the look on people's faces when they create something they didn't think they could do. They're happy and I'm happy.

Here's the card we made:



I didn't use any Stampin' Up! DSP *GASP*. I know. But I have so much other patterned paper in my craft room I thought I'd use up some of that in this instance.

The card base is Thick Whisper White (#140272). The sentiment is from the Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set (#145519) stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink (#132708). Then punched with the Everyday Label punch (#144668).

We used random colors of twine from my stash. Some Stampin' Up!, some not. Again, I have a ton of twine that I've wanted to get through so I used what matched the patterned paper.

The label is attached with Dimensionals (#104430). I have a hard time NOT using Dimensionals on my projects!

Last, we used retired enamel shapes in the different Stampin' Up! colors. I sure miss those. I used them all the time so I was glad to pull them out again.


And that's it! Like I said, super simple but the ladies loved their creations.

Thanks for visiting me today!

Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. -- E. E. Cummings

 Rebecca :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CASE-ing with Beautiful Bouquet

Hello! I recently got an email from another stamp company. I love to get emails from all kinds of craft companies because I get so much in...