Friday, February 9, 2018

Creating a Card from a Sketch

Hello!



Today I want to share two cards I made using this sketch I found online.  Sometimes, I feel stuck about what to create.  In those cases, I like to find a fun sketch as inspiration.

My first card used the sketch as an element and surprisingly, this card has no stamping on it!  But sometimes you can totally do that and I love how the Celebrate Embossing Folder (142760) gives the sentiment a subtle place on the card. The punched bottle caps and yellow hexagon paper are from the super fun Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper you can earn for free in my online store with your $50 order during Sale-A-Bration!


Looking up close, you can  see that I used the clear epoxy shapes from the Glitter & Clear Epoxy Shapes pack (145632) to accent the lime slice bottle caps.


This photo isn't the greatest but can you see the stars hearts, and half circle shapes look a little raised too?  I filled those shapes in with my Fine Tip Glue pen (138309), one of my favorite uses for that glue!


My second card takes the sketch pretty literally as you can see.


I used the flower and sentiment from the Color Me Happy stamp set (144069).  I used my favorite new coloring tools, my Stampin' Blends (147475), to bring these fun flowers to life.  Did I tell you I love the Stampin' Blends? So fun and easy to use and just look at those results! You can buy the Blends one at a time, two at a time or the whole set for a little bit of a discount.

I finished the card off with a gathering of Black Metallic Thread (141695) to emphasize the sentiment.


And that's it! So the next time you feel stuck for inspiration, find a sketch and see what you can create with it.  I promise it'll get your creative mojo spinning in no time!

Make it a great and crafty day!

Rebecca :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

CASE-ing with Beautiful Bouquet

Hello! I recently got an email from another stamp company. I love to get emails from all kinds of craft companies because I get so much in...