Thursday, February 8, 2018

Swirly Bird Background Technique

Hello!





I'm here today to show you a fun card with a unique background. I'm pretty much a rule follower.  Have been my whole life and so I like to use stamp sets as they were intended. But sometimes a little rebellious streak pops up and I try to think outside the box using my stamps.

For this card I took the kite stamp pieces from Swirly Bird (141749) to create a fun, graphic, rainbow background and the result just has me giddy!

My color palette included Melon Mambo, Peekaboo Peach, Crushed Curry, Lemon Lime Twist, and Bermuda Bay with a pop of Archival Black.

I took the solid kite stamp and stamped a row in each color.  Then I came in with the striped kite stamp and, using the same colors, stamped in between the solids.  It's not lined up perfectly because I'm more of an eye-baller than a measurer but I think that's what gives this background a fun, funky, and most importantly, happy vibe.

To finish my card, I stamped the sentiment and one of the banner pieces from Banners for You (141710) with my Archival Black onto vellum and Whisper White card stocks then I sprinkled clear embossing powder and heat set them.  The imperfect sentiment circle comes from the inside of the Swirly Scribbles die (141497).  I accented the background with the splatter stamp from Swirly Bird just to give it a little something extra.  I accented a few of the splatter dots with the glittery epoxy shapes from the Glitter & Clear Epoxy Shapes pack (145632).



And that's it! Take a look at your stamps and see how you can use them in unusual and fantastic ways!

Make it a great and crafty day!

Rebecca :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CASE-ing with Beautiful Bouquet

Hello! I recently got an email from another stamp company. I love to get emails from all kinds of craft companies because I get so much in...