Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Woven Threads Card

Hello!

I recently participated in a card challenge. Some of the Concept Artists at Stampin' Up! have teamed up on Instagram with a fun thing called Stampin' Through the Catalog. They create cards with all the new stamp sets in the Annual Catalog. They did it all last year and with this catalog they've invited anyone who wants to, to stamp with them. The first challenge was using the Woven Heirlooms stamp set (#149306). I was lucky enough to have brought that home with me from the last OnStage I attended so I decided to play along! This is the stamp set.



And here's the card I made.



I think I've said this before but I'm not usually drawn to these more artsy sets but as I created this card, I felt more of an attachment and I will definitely be making more projects with this set!

I decided to create a fabric looking background for my card. I used the long brushstroke image and inked it first in Melon Mambo ink (#147051). I stamped it with full strength ink then stamped it two more times around the original image without inking it up again. I repeated that process with Crushed Curry (#147087) and Calypso Coral (#147010) inks. I made sure to overlap the lighter images to make them blend a little. It kind of looks like tie-dye or batik fabric to me. So fun!

I finished the card off by white heat embossing (#109132) the gorgeous sentiment onto a square from the Stitched Shapes die set (#152323) and then stamped and fussy cut some flowers from the Love What you Do stamp set (#148042). The final touch was adding a few pearls (#144219).

Do you have a stamp set you don't particularly love? I challenge you to pull it out and just start creating! I bet you'll find a new love for it if you do! Also if you want to follow along with the challenge follow @stampinthroughthecatalog on Instagram!

Thanks for visiting me and make sure to stamp something today!

Rebecca :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CASE-ing with Beautiful Bouquet

Hello! I recently got an email from another stamp company. I love to get emails from all kinds of craft companies because I get so much in...