Tuesday, May 22, 2018

In a Mess and Out of Ideas


Hello!

(I promise you two card ideas at the end of this blog post).

This is going to be a different type of blog post. I'm going to be real and I hope you'll forgive my ramblings. I also hope writing things out will help me and maybe help someone else who feels the way I do right now.

Sometimes I just hit a creative wall and have a hard time breaking through. Do you? Please say you do. Usually it doesn't last very long but the last part of April and the whole month of May so far have just been so darn hard for me! Sure, I've posted a few cards, but I just feel in a rut.  Here's what my craft room has looked like for a few weeks and these photos were taken after I cleaned up a little bit. My whole craft room has looked like a disaster and I have felt like a disaster!



See what I mean? I even got some new stamps to play with and haven't felt like breaking them open. I know. You're probably saying, "If you'd clean up, you'd feel like creating." Usually that's true! However, I cleaned up in April and still felt the same. Even the Youtube videos I usually watch and the Instagram feeds I follow aren't as inspiring to me as they normally are.

Am I depressed? Not at all! I feel like my life is pretty great!

I've been spending a lot more time out in my flower beds cleaning them up and planting new pretty flowers. Planting veggies in my garden and even harvesting lettuce and spinach which have been so delicious! I've enjoyed working in the soil again. Feeling the sun on my back. Hearing the birds sing in my trees and privet hedges. Seeing my yard come to life.

Gardening is a different kind of being creative isn't it? Maybe I just need to relax and let my brain be creative in the way it wants to right now. Life ebbs and flows.

School is almost out. Then I'll have more time. That'll help me feel less overwhelmed I think.

I hope my ramblings help someone. Do you experience creative slumps? Do you do anything specific to break free? Do you just let things happen until you feel inspired to create again? Leave me some advice in the comments. I'd love to hear!

I found this Tuesday Tidbit that I absolutely love:

"Creative dry spells are like white space. They help your artistic life to breathe and refocus." -- Unknown

If you're still reading thank you! I so appreciate you visiting me through the good and the not so good. ;)

As promised, here are two cards I made a year ago that I still love. And yay! The Lemon Zest stamp set will be in the new upcoming Annual Catalog!



Remember, you can't have a great day unless you make it a great day!

Rebecca :)










No comments:

Post a Comment

CASE-ing with Beautiful Bouquet

Hello! I recently got an email from another stamp company. I love to get emails from all kinds of craft companies because I get so much in...