Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Step it Up birthday cards

Hello!

I'm back today with ideas from the beginning card maker to the more seasoned card maker.

The set I'm using today is the Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set. This has quickly become one of my favorites!

This first card is a very basic but happy card that anyone would love to receive. The candles were stamped in Berry Burst, Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist, Peekaboo Peach, and Pool Party inks on Thick Whisper White card stock. The flames were stamped with Daffodil Delight.

Then I simply stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I adhered the stamped panel to the Bermuda Bay card with Snail adhesive and it's done!


The next card has a little added interest.  I stamped confetti in the corners of the Bermuda Bay card base then I added designs to the candles with Fresh Fig, Island Indigo, Emerald Envy, Tangerine Tango, and Bermuda Bay inks. The black sentiment is stamped on a banner piece I cut from the Mini Treat Bag thinlits dies. Then I popped that up with Dimensionals and popped the panel up as well on the card base.



The last card has the most going on and is what I would call an avid crafter card.  I cut another panel of Bermuda Bay card stock, stamped the corners with the confetti stamp and then ran it through the Big Shot with the Scattered Sequins Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I then popped that up on the card base with Dimensionals. After stamping the candles in the same way as the second card, I fussy cut them out and popped them up on the Thick Whisper White card panel. Then I added some shadows with the Light Smoky Slate Blends marker (NOTE: the Blends are not currently available to order due to high backorder numbers. They will be available again at the end of May. I promise they'll be worth the wait!


I used my Bermuda Bay and Basic Black markers to give a two-toned look to my sentiment and stamped that directly on my card panel. Then I added sequins from the Tutti Frutti Adhesive Backed Sequin Pack and adhered that panel directly to the stamped and embossed panel.


Here's a look at all three of them together. 


And that's it! I hope you've found some inspiration no matter what experience you have with card making.

Today's Tuesday Tidbit is: 

"You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have." --Maya Angelou

Thank you for stopping by. Make it a great and crafty day!

Rebecca :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

CASE-ing with Beautiful Bouquet

Hello! I recently got an email from another stamp company. I love to get emails from all kinds of craft companies because I get so much in...